Borobudur is the giant book made of stone in Indonesia before people have already recognized Barnes and Noble’s book store or order books via Amazon.com service. Borobudur contains 504 Buddha statues, 432 in open niches and 72 in trellised stupas. The 1400 stone slabs that cover the balustrades are adorned with stone craft relief illustrating life according the tenets of Mahayana Buddha.
Borobudur has undergone several restorations since its discovery in 1814 by Sir Stamford Raffles, the Lieutenant-Governor of Java (then the founding father of Singapore in 1820’s and an author of History of Java). The damage that it had suffered over the many decades of its existence was severe. A tremendous earthquake that rocked Java in 1548 caused the final collapse of the monument.
In 1885, however, Borobudur attracted the public’s attention when J.W. Ijzerman, a Dutch army engineer, found the reliefs of the Mahakarmawibangga on the hidden foot of the temple. There were 166 reliefs on the hidden foot 13,000 meter cubic of stone as part of Kamandhatu sphere. Ruphadahatu sphere includes 4 galleries with 1300 pictorial relief with a total length of 2,5 km and surrounds by 1212 decorative panels. Arupadhatu sphere have 72 trellised stupas. And Sunyata sphere is only posses one large central stupa without any trellised.
The Borobudur depicts the ascension of man through the four level of existence : Kamadhatu (plane of passion and lust), Ruphadhatu (plane of image and forms), Arupadhatu (plane of non forms) and Sunyata (The True Existence, Absolution). For Christian believer the crucifixion of Jesus was a transformation from plane of non forms to Absolution. In Islamic tradition the four level of existence are known as syariat, tarikah, haqiqah and ma’rifah.
This temple was built around the ninth century in a mysterious way that we have not been able to understand until these days. Literally, Borobudur means the primal Buddha of earth. To understand it we must go beyond traditional Buddhist settings. That’s why it is difficult even for the Buddhist to understand the true meaning of Borobudur.
According to Borobudur human beings will evolve into higher consciousness level, the lowest being the plane of passions. Using the Borobudurmatrix, we can plot where human kind is today. We are approximately at the level of Rupadhatu (plane of forms and images). Hence human beings in this level, today, are living under the influence of their five senses. This means that transcend beyond the plane of forms and images human beings have to diminish their reliance on the five senses. However, not everyone is completely at this level because some are still bound by the plane of lust and passions while others are already struggling towards the non form plan.
I become a co-author of "Launching for Marketer and Entrepreneur" wiyh Simon Jonatan, CEO Brandmaker
MY FIRST BIOGRAPHY BOOK
MY SECOND BIOGRAPHY BOOK
I become a ghost writer for Sukyatno Nugroho, Founder of Es Teler 77. This book will be launched on May 29th, 2007 at Cilantro Asian Bistro & Lounge , Wisma BNI, 47th Floor
MY BOOKS COLLECTION AS AN AUTHOR
1. Ari Satriyo Wibowo, Ventura Elisawati dan Hermawan Kartajaya, “Bermain dengan Persepsi : 36 Kasus Pemasaran Asli Indonesia”, PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta, 1996 (Best Seller Book, six times reprinted)
2. Abdul Rahman, Ari Satriyo Wibowo dkk, “Merek-merek Terpopuler di Indonesia,” PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta, 1996
3. Ari Satriyo Wibowo, “36 Rahasia Sukses Merek Merek Top”, PT Pustaka Sinar Harapan, July 20044. Ari Satriyo Wibowo,”45 Kisah Bisnis Top Pilihan”, PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta, December 2004 (Second edition on March 2005, 3rd edition on June 2006)
5. Ari Satriyo Wibowo, “27 Siasat Jitu Menembus Pasar Sekaligus Meraih Posisi Pemimpin Pasar”, PT Elex Media Komputindo (published on June 2005)
6. Ari Satriyo Wibowo, “Biografi Ilmiah Sudraji Sumapraja : Perintis Bayi Tabung Indonesia,” Penerbit Bina Pustaka Prawirohardjo, Jakarta, June 2006
7. Sukyatno Nugroho (Ghostwriter : Ari Satriyo Wibowo), "18 Jurus Sakti Dewa Mabuk Membangun Bisnis," PT Elex Media Komputindo, Jakarta (published on May 2007, reached 4th edition when its launching)